Wild Rice and Cranberry Stuffing with Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice or wild rice mix
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add broth and salt and bring to a boil. Stir in wild rice, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in basmati rice, cover and simmer until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes longer. Stir in cranberries, parsley, thyme, and walnuts, cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Season with pepper and additional salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Transfer rice mixture to dish and bake until light golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Special Diets: Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Vegan