Sundried Tomato Quiche
- 5 eggs
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz sundried tomatoes
- ¼ lb pancetta, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease an 8-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 tsp coconut oil and set aside.
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Whirl the onion and zucchini in a food processor until finely shredded, then cook in the skillet until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- While the zucchini and onions soften, drain the oil from your sun-dried tomatoes if you're using oil-packed. Roughly chop and add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Pull the pancetta slices apart with your fingers into shreds, then add to the tomatoes.
- When the onions and zucchini are soft, add to the pancetta and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly and allow to cool to room temperature. Whisk in eggs, salt and pepper and pour into the cast-iron skillet. Top with the slices of the two small tomatoes.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until firm.
- Serve warm.
We found this delicious recipe at freshplanetflavor.com.