Skinny Chicken Fajitas
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green or poblano pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch ancho or Mexican chili powder, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 reduced carb whole wheat flour tortillas (Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese
- reduced fat sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil. To grill the onions and peppers outside on the grill, use a cast iron skillet and grill covered over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Or, to cook them indoors, you can use a large skillet on the stove over medium heat for 16 to 18 minutes, covered until the onions and peppers are soft.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat; grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board when done and cut into strips.
- Once cooked, combine with the peppers and onions.
- Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, cheese and toppings.
We found this delicious recipe at www.skinnytaste.com.