- 2 scoops of Sunwarrior Chocolate Classic Plus Protein
- 2 tablespoons of maca powder
- .25 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder or liquid
- .5 cup raw cacao nibs + 2 tablespoons set aside for topping later
- 1.5 cups raw unsweetened coconut flakes + ¼ cup set aside for topping later
- .25 cup date paste (dates and water blended into a thick paste) or raw coconut sugar
- 1 pinch of pink salt
- 1 cup of warm water or as needed
- coconut oil for greasing cookie sheet
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add nut butters then slowly add warm water, mixing by hand until a thick dough-like texture is achieved.
- Use a tiny amount of coconut oil to grease a cookie sheet (ideally, a cookie sheet with a raised edge), then press mixture into a square shape, using a knife or pie cutter to press the sides in and create straight lines.
- Top with coconut flakes and cacao nibs.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1–2 hours or freezer for 30–45 minutes, or until firm.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice into bars or squares, or whichever shape you prefer! (You can also slice the pressed dough prior to chilling it, but I prefer the look of the bars when they are cut after chilling.)
We found this delicious article at www.sunwarrior.com.