- 1/2 c full fat coconut milk
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (use dairy free for completely dairy free truffles)
- 1 Tbsp brewed coffee
- 1 Tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 c toasted coconut*
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium sized glass bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Heat until the coconut milk comes to a simmer.
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate chips and let sit for 3-5 minutes. Stir the chocolate and coconut milk until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir in the coffee and coconut extract. Let the truffle mixture cool to room temperature.
- When the chocolate is room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When the chocolate is thoroughly chilled, line a baking sheet with wax paper (or parchment) and scoop the truffles 1 tablespoon at a time, roll into balls and roll in the toasted coconut. Place on the prepared sheet and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Note: To toast the coconut, add the coconut to a dry skillet and heat on medium-low heat until the coconut reaches a golden brown. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature before rolling the truffles)
- Serve truffles at room temperature and store in the refrigerator in an covered container.
We found this delicious recipe at www.whattheforkblog.com