- 1 lb. boneless chicken
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 small handful fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 red chilies (dried or fresh), chopped (and de-seeded if you prefer less heat)
- Zest & rind of 1/2 a lime or lemon
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp rock/himalayan salt
- 1 tsp kaffir lime leaves, chopped – optional
- 2 tbsp oil for frying in pan (I like to use 1 tbsp each of coconut oil & sesame oil)
- Place all the ingredients (bar the oil for frying) in a food processor and blend until the mixture comes together in a sticky, well incorporated mix.
- Using wet hands, roll into small, walnut sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 15 mins to set the shape.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat. Grease with oil, then cook the meatballs in batches to ensure you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Delicious served as snacks with skewers and a dipping (pairs well with chill sauce or a satay/tahini dressing) or in a salad.
We found this delicious recipe at hungrycub.wordpress.com.