- 1 cup quinoa (any variety)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 small zucchini, diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Be sure to rinse it first if the directions call for it. (You can add additional flavor by cooking the quinoa in chicken or vegetable broth. You can also add a splash of gluten-free soy sauce and/or diced ham.)
- Heat a large skillet with the butter or olive oil. Add the chopped onion and cook until almost tender.
- Add the zucchini to the skillet and sauté until just tender. Add the garlic and sauté one minute more.
- Add the parsley, salt, and pepper to the vegetables in the skillet and stir to combine.
- Gently mix together the quinoa and vegetables. Check the amount of salt and pepper and add more if needed.
We found this delicious recipe at www.glutenfreehomemaker.com.