- (2) six-ounce fillets of cod, each cut into 3 pieces (you could also use lemon sole, halibut or pollack)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup gluten-free beer
- Avocado oil or olive oil recommended
- Cut each fish fillet into about 3 or 4 pieces.
- Clean pieces, and thoroughly pat dry.
- Make the batter next - simply combine all the batter ingredients and stir well.
- Pour about a 3/4-inch layer of oil into a skillet and heat over medium to medium-high heat.
- Dip each fillet piece into the batter, coat well, and carefully place into the heated oil.
- Cook each only about 2 minutes per side. Fish cooks through very fast in hot oil – avoid overcooking!
- Promptly remove cooked pieces from pan, place on paper towels to drain, and allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
We found this delicious recipe at www.paleonewbie.com.