Bell peppers are filled with a Cuban picadillo stuffing of rice, ground beef, tomatoes, raisins and Spanish olives.
- 3 medium bell peppers, halved lengthwise, stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cuban Seasoning
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 Tbs chopped pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Bring large saucepan of water to boil. Add bell pepper halves; cook 15 minutes on medium heat or until tender. Immediately remove bell peppers with slotted spoon to ice bath to stop cooking process. Pat dry with paper towels. Arrange bell pepper halves, cut-sides up, in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add onion and Seasoning; cook and stir 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients except cooked rice. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in rice. Spoon beef mixture evenly into bell pepper halves.
- Bake 20 minutes or until bell peppers are tender.