Marinated Hanger Steak with Grilled Onions Sweet Corn and Blue Cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin, Ground
- 2 tsp Paprika, Smoked
- 2 tsp Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper, Ground Cayenne
- 2 lbs hanger steak
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 2 large sweet onions, cut crosswise into thick slices
- 4 oz Maytag blue cheese, crumbled
- Mix oil, lemon peel, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, sea salt and red pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Reserve 1/2 the marinade for brushing. Place steak in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 2 hours or longer for extra flavor.
- Grill corn and onion slices over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning occasionally and brushing with reserve marinade. Cool slightly. Cut corn kernels off cobs. Set grilled onions and corn aside. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill steak over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare doneness. (Cook 2 minutes longer for each additional degree of doneness.) Transfer steak to cutting board. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice steak across the grain into thin slices. Place corn on each plate. Arrange steak slices on top of corn. Top with grilled onions and blue cheese.