- 1 cup dry brown lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan combine lentils, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until lentils are tender but not mushy, about 16 to 20 minutes.
- Drain lentils and discard bay leaf.
- Place in a large work bowl with carrots, celery, red pepper, red onion, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and serve chilled or room temperature.
This recipe yields 4 1/2 cups.
We found this delicious recipe at www.skinnytaste.com.