Honey-Lime Sriracha Weeknight Skillet
- 2 lb chicken tenders, cubed
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado, coconut, or olive oil
- 4 Tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 fresh lime, squeezed (additional fresh lime wedges for garnish if desired)
- 3 cups COOKED brown rice
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed well if using canned
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 Tbsp green onion, sliced
- Juice of 2 fresh limes- about 2 Tbsp
- 2-4 Tbsp Sriracha sauce-or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Combine marinade ingredients (those are all the ingredients listed after the sliced green onion) and place in covered medium glass bowl or gallon ziploc.
- Add diced chicken tenders. Marinate 4 hours, or overnight, refrigerated, turning to coat occasionally.)
- After marinating, heat oil on med-high, in a large sauté pan.
- Sauté chicken uncovered until cooked through and outside is crispy. About 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and set aside.
- On medium heat, add rice, beans, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Toss for about 2-3 minutes until just heated through.
- Add cooked chicken back in, toss, add remaining ingredients, toss gently.
We found this delicious recipe at www.cleanfoodcrush.com.