GUACAMOLE DEVILED EGGS
- 6 Large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 Medium Haas avocado (about 5 oz)
- 2-3 Tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tsp red onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp diced tomato
- Pinch chile powder (for garnish)
- Peel the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and set the yolks aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and 2 whole egg yolks; discard the rest.
- Mix in lime juice, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Gently fold in tomato.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the guacamole into the 12 halved eggs.
- Sprinkle with a little chile powder for color and arrange on a platter.
We found this delicious recipe at www.skinnytaste.com.