Gluten Free Cauliflower Piccata Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets, larger pieces cut so all the pieces are fairly even in size
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil – use divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- ½ cup gluten free panko style bread crumbs
- 1 whole lemon
- ½ cup parsley leaves, measured then chopped
- ½ medium red onion, cut in half and finely sliced
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes – optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast, flipping once while cooking for even browning, until fork tender and browned, 20 – 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, the garlic and bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet to a mixing bowl. Wash and dry the skillet.
- Grate the lemon zest from the lemon into the breadcrumb mixture, add the parsley and toss to coat.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat; add another 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the red onions. Cook the onions until tender, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add the capers and red pepper flakes if using and squeeze in the juice of the lemon. Cook the mixture until most of the lemon juice has evaporated. Add the roasted cauliflower to the pan and toss. Reserve some of the bread crumb mixture for garnish and add the rest to the pan. For extra richness add another drizzle of olive oil and toss everything together. Garnish with the reserved breadcrumb mixture and serve.
We found this delicious recipe at www.simplygluten-free.com.