DF/GF PEPPERCORN BEEF TENDERLOIN WITH ROASTED GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 tbs Olive, Coconut, or Red Palm Oil
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbs Cooking Fat (like Ghee, Butter, or Coconut Oil)
- 1 tbs Arrowroot Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream (the solid part of a refrigerated can of coconut milk)
- 1 (3 lb) Beef Tenderloin
- 2 tbs Olive or melted Coconut Oil
- 3 tbs Peppercorns, whole
- 1.5 tbs Sea Salt
- Remove the tenderloin from the refrigerator to bring to room temp.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the roasted garlic by placing a small square of parchment paper on to of a small piece of aluminum foil. Slice the top 1/4 off of a head of garlic and then place it on the parchment/foil. Drizzle the oil over the garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil around the garlic to make a little packet, place in the oven, and roast for 1 hour.
- Pat the tenderloin dry with paper towels and then rub with oil.
- Crush the peppercorns in a grinder (I use a coffee grinder that we only use for spices), or with a mortar and pestle.
- Mix the peppercorns in a small bowl with the salt and then press onto the surface of the tenderloin.
- Roast the tenderloin at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 137 degrees F. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- When the roasted garlic is done, remove it from the oven and let cool a few minutes to allow you to touch it without scalding your fingers. Squeeze the cloves out of the skin and reserve.
- In a skillet, melt the fat over medium heat. Stir in the stock and coconut cream and whisk until coconut cream becomes liquid. Then mix in the roasted garlic cloves and arrowroot flour and whisk until incorporated.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with the tenderloin.
We found this delicious recipe at www.thrivingonpaleo.com.