Cranberry & Apple Stuffed Turkey Breasts
- 2 skinless boneless turkey breasts
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking twine
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- With a sharp knife, butterfly each breast open to lay flat.
- Place each breast between two sheets of waxed paper, and flatten with a mallet.
- In a bowl, combine the apple, dried cranberries, walnuts, mushrooms, bacon, rosemary, thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well mixed.
- Spread the apple-cranberry stuffing on top of each breast, up to to 1/4-inch from the edge.
- Roll up each breast tightly and tie with cooking twine.
- Season the rolled breasts generously on all sides.
- Heat some cooking fat in a large ovenproof skillet placed over medium-high heat.
- Brown each turkey breast on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place the skillet in the oven, uncovered, and roast for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Allow the breasts to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
We found this delicious recipe at paleoleap.com.